With Heatlinks Grief Center They Don’t Have to Walk Alone
What We Do
- Grief support programs & groups
- Counseling for children and adults managing serious illness
- Specialized trauma counseling
- School based grief groups
- Creative grief expression workshops
- Individualized information packets
- Social events for grieving children, adults and families
- Professional trainings programs
- Community education programs
- Referrals to community resources
- Case coordination services
How We Do It
BY SHARING THE STORY – At Heartlinks everyone who wants to gets a chance to share the story of their loss. In sharing together, families learn that they are note alone.
BY PREDICTING THE PATH – No two grief journeys are the same, so Heartlinks helps people understand the process of grief and ways to cope with loss.
BY HONORING THE MEMORIES – Heartlinks provides opportunities to remember loved ones and find ways to maintain connections to a deceased loved one while still moving on with life.
BY LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD – Grief never goes away. Heartlinks is a place to learn tools for making grief manageable.
BY HAVING FUN WHILE WE DO IT – We do it all with the knowledge that kids are most comfortable with playing, moving and creating. We don’t leave the adults out. It’s common for our grown-up groups to find themselves laughing as much or more than they cry.
Hannah lost her dad at 2 and her mom died recently of cancer. Hannah feels sad and scared. She worries that she will also die soon. Hannah doesn’t feel like playing anymore and she feels very alone. This month, after coming to her first Little Bears group at Heartlinks, Hannah said, “I’m glad Heartlinks finded me.”
Heartlinks Grief Center at Family Hospice
5110 West Main St.
Belleville, IL 62226
Heartlinks is a 501(c)3 nonprofit outreach program of Family Hospice.
Cardinals Care Organization
New York Life
Ronald McDonald Children’s Charities
St. Clair County 708 Board