Care For Veterans
America’s Veterans have done everything asked of them in their mission to serve our country and we believe it is never too late to give them a hero’s welcome home. Now it is time that we step up, provide the necessary skills and fulfill our mission to serve these men and women with the dignity they deserve
The Right Care
At Family Hospice we provide a multi-faceted program of care that focuses on managing pain and other symptoms associated with terminal illnesses, as well as providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to each patient.
The comprehensive care we provide includes service to our patient, their loved ones and their caregivers. Our team of medical care professionals, social workers, volunteers and chaplain is available throughout the illness and afterwards, providing ongoing bereavement support for a year after the loss.
The Right Time
- Our care team comes to you so that you can remain in your own home.
- No more unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Live as pain-free as possible.
- Receive medications, supplies and equipment that help make you more comfortable.
- Have your pain and symptoms well managed to provide more quality time with family and friends.
- Receive regular home visits and have nurses available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.
- Help you access the VA or Medicare hospice benefits.
- Offer emotional and spiritual support for you and your family caregiver.
The Right Reason
- We understand that some combat veterans who have coped well throughout their lives may experience increased combat-related memories and distressing emotions during their end-of-life journey.
- Exposures to traumatic events may also impact physical health later in life.
- We recognize that the effects of military service, good and bad, can continue to resonate throughout a lifetime.
- Our team understands these challenges.
We’d like to help. Please contact us at 618-227-1800 or at email@example.com
We are a part of the WE HONOR VETERANS Program
Launched in September 2010, We Honor Veterans is a program of NHPCO in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This program invites hospices, state hospice organizations and VA partners to join a pioneering program focused on respectful inquiry, compassionate listening and grateful acknowledgment.
For more information about their program visit www.WeHonorVeterans.org